Volvo V50 - Front side view Volvo V50 - Front side view volvo v50, s40, new, fron, lower, broader, sportier, grille, slimmer, tail, lamps, bumper, space, spring, design
- Increased differentiation between the S40 and V50
- New S40 front with lower, broader stance
- Sportier new grille creates a tougher V50 look
- Slimmer tail lamps and new rear bumper
- Larger and more practical storage space
- New real wood inlay - Nordic Light Oak
- Fresh new Spring Green upholstery
A number of distinctive design cues take the new Volvo S40 a visual step closer to the new S-range look as first shown on the all-new Volvo S80. At the same time, the V50 approaches the new V-range and the all-new V70 without compromising on its original compact and sporty attributes.
"When it comes to the exterior, we're aiming for increased differentiation between the two models. The interior refinements have focused on liberating smart storage space," says Volvo Cars Design Director Steve Mattin.
Starting with the new S40, the source of the inspiration can be seen clearly when the compact sedan is viewed...