November 15, 2007
The all-new 2009 Pontiac Vibe is a modern re-mix of a classic hit, infusing the functionality of a compact crossover with a bolder attitude of muscular styling, increased performance and tight handling. It arrives in dealer showrooms in early 2008.
Adding a richer harmony to the tune, the popular all-wheel-drive and GT models return to the Vibe lineup. Regardless of the model, each Vibe offers a level of athletic design, boosted performance and everyday versatility uncommon in the price range. “With the 2009 Vibe, we knew we wanted to take everything we liked about the original and push it to the next level - more power, more style, more versatility,” said Craig Bierley, Pontiac marketing director. “It has the interior room and cargo capability expected of a larger SUV, but with the precise handling characteristics you would expect from any Pontiac.”
The 2009 Vibe includes a number of all-new and enhanced features, including:
- More powerful 1.8L base engine and a new, high-output 2.4L engine (optional on the base model, standard on the AWD and GT)
- Athletic exterior styling with a faster windshield, all-new sheet metal and lighting elements
- Refreshed, driver-focused interior styling with more harmonious integration of the controls
- Standard electronic vehicle stability control and tire pressure monitoring systems
- Six standard air bags
- Enhanced functionality with integrated cargo management system and fold-flat front seat
A 132-horsepower (98 kW) 1.8L DOHC four-cylinder is standard on base models and delivers 128 lb.-ft. (174 Nm) of torque.
Sixteen-inch wheels and touring tires are standard on base and AWD models. Seventeen-inch aluminum wheels are also available on these models, featuring a bright machine finish on the base model and chrome-clad finish on the AWD. The Vibe GT comes standard with 18-inch bright machine finish aluminum wheels and 215/45-series all-season performance tires.
source : Pontiac Press